July 08, 2010

where the grass is really greener








I'm not neglecting my blog! Nothing to talk about lately but I am heading to Vegas/LA next Thursday so I'm super excited as it is my first time. I will definitely be in tourist mode, taking pictures of almost everything I see. I am hoping to bump into a celebrity, just to say i've been in a close proximity of one since concerts don't count.

Summer updates: Demetres visit during Toronto's heat wave, Booster Juice to keep me and my friend hydrated, Mr. Green Jeans to watch the FIFA game between Germany and Spain, Blueberry Cheezecake (alcoholic drink with a smoothie texture - I hate Absolut but this was an exception), chicken chilli nachos to keep me busy during the game, and a quick stop to Petite Thuet where I had my first macaroon but stale ones left a bad impression - second time's the charm?

Summerlicious in Toronto officially starts tomorrow and I have my first reservation at Bier Markt for their dinner menu. I'm excited for their banana creme brule. I can't remember when I last had a creme brule...

Did I include how sad I was when Germany lost to Spain? Good thing I had my dose of Bud Light Lime when it all ended. For that, I hope Netherlands win the world cup. Take that Spain fans!

1 comment:

Aney Mei said...

It's about time you updated mich! OMG, the blueberry cheezecake drink looks delicious.

Keep us updated on your Vegas/LA trip. Have tonnes of fun. It's a bummer that you won't be able to gamble but its Vegas! There's so much to do haha.

Aw, first time trying macarons and they were stale?! You should've gone to La Bamboche or Nadege! Let's find time to go together one day :)