July 14, 2010

The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc






Something new for my friends and I: Moroccan food. It was the second time that I was late for a Summerlicious reservation, thus a "Michelle time" came to exist. I guess I wasn't meant to bus/subway to go from Point A to B. It's about time I get my driver's license. Probably after my vacation, just maybe.

Location: 49 Front St E, Toronto (416)961-0601, $$

Here's a breakdown of what I ordered:

MAFTOUL
- Hand rolled “Moroccan Cigars”, hot crispy pastry stuffed with a mixture of mildly spiced beef, cashews and raisins, topped with our chipotle aioli

It was a skinnier version of an asian spring roll, but with spicy beef as the filling. The perfect appetizer.

MANGO SALMON
- A Pan Seared 5-ounce fillet of salmon, topped with mango salsa, served with saffron basmati rice and traditional Moroccan root vegetables

A really filling entrée. There were two kinds of vegetables and I was only able to recognize the squash. The mango salsa emitted very minimal taste though.

BRULÉE ROYALE
- A rich and flavourful crème brulée

Very rich in flavour.

OVERALL: 9/10


Credits: Toronto's Summerlicious 2010

No comments: