July 31, 2011

Bb33 Bistro and Brasserie - Summerlicious


My last "Licious" for the Summer. Let's just say everything went downhill from my visit to Sassafraz a couple of weeks back.


Appetizer: Muskoka Wild Mushroom Bisque - Porcini & Rosemary Scented Cream, Infused with Fireweed Honey
- To keep it short, it tasted like any typical cream of mushroom soup. As a matter of fact, it tasted like the ones that are made from Campbell's. Not impressed.


Entree: Black Tiger Shrimp Pappardelle Pasta - Sautéed Black Tiger Shrimps with Green Asparagus, Roasted Peppers, Charred Fennel, Garlic & Shallot Pinot Grigio Reduction
- Not that much sauce in this dish. The noodles tasted very dry and I didn't end up finishing this plate. One of the shrimp still had their shells on. Another disappointment.


Dessert: Dark Belgium Chocolate Crème Brûlée, Candied Lemon & Fresh Berries
- I want to say this was my favourite part of their menu but I can't. Not after I started feeling sick after my entree. I'm pretty sure there were no candied lemon but I will give some credit for the bold flavour of belgium chocolate.

May I add that service was pretty slow and the complimentary breads were partially stale. I will be honest though and say that I arrived at the restaurant with little expectation, considering that their Summerlicious menu were the same for lunch and dinner. My friend and I were tempted to finish the day off with some french food at Midi Bistro but with no appetite, that didn't happen. Sad face.

Looking forward to trying a couple of restaurants in New York for Restaurant Week 2011! I'm super excited that they extended it through September 5th. Countdown: one more week!

No comments: